Diaper rash is a common problem for babies and toddlers. It can be caused by a variety of things, including yeast infections, eczema, and poor hygiene. Cornstarch can be a helpful solution for diaper rash because it helps to soothe the skin and reduce inflammation. In this blog post, we will outline the steps you need to take to use cornstarch to treat diaper rash and what you should know about it before using it. We hope this information will help you to get your baby more relief from their diaper rash.
What is Cornstarch?
Cornstarch is a white, powdery substance that is most commonly used as a thickener and stabilizer in food. It’s also been used for years as a diaper rash treatment. Cornstarch can be found in most supermarkets and pharmacies.
How does cornstarch work as a diaper rash treatment?
Cornstarch works by absorbing moisture and creating a barrier against bacteria and other causes of diaper rash. The paste will dry out your skin, helping to relieve inflammation and pain. Cornstarch can also help to prevent new rashes from forming.
What are the Uses for Cornstarch?
Cornstarch is a common ingredient in many diaper rash remedies. It is a white powder that is typically used as a thickening agent to help soothe irritation. Here are four ways to use cornstarch:
- Cornstarch can be mixed with water and applied to affected areas as a soothing ointment.
- Cornstarch can also be mixed with a carrier oil, such as jojoba oil, and applied to the skin as a natural moisturizer.
- Cornstarch can be added to baby food or formula to help soften and soothe irritated diapers.
- Cornstarch can also be mixed with witch hazel or aloe vera gel and applied to the skin as an acne treatment or sunburn relief.
How to Use Cornstarch for Diaper Rash?
If you’re looking for a way to treat diaper rash without using any chemicals, cornstarch is an effective option. Cornstarch can be used as a dry powder or as a paste. You can apply it directly to the irritated area of your baby’s skin, or you can mix it with witch hazel and water to create a liquid treatment.
To use cornstarch as a dry powder, mix one tablespoon of cornstarch with two tablespoons of cold water in a small bowl. Stir until the mixture is smooth, then pour it into a small plastic bag. Snip off one corner of the bag, then use it to dust the diaper area liberally with the cornstarch mixture. If needed, you can also use aq sponges or cloths to absorb excess moisture from the skin.
To use cornstarch as a paste, mix one tablespoon of cornstarch with three tablespoons of warm water in a bowl. Stir until the mixture is smooth, then smear it onto the affected area of your baby’s skin. If needed, you can cover the affected area with a bandage or wrap.
What to Know Before Using Cornstarch for Diaper Rash
If your child has a diaper rash, using cornstarch can help soothe the skin and stop the itch. Cornstarch is a white powder made from corn. It’s an inexpensive and readily available remedy for many skin conditions, including diaper rash. Here are some tips on how to use it:
- Apply cornstarch to the affected area twice a day, morning and night.
- Be sure to apply it to the affected area for at least five minutes each time.
- If the rash doesn’t improve after two days of using cornstarch, see your doctor.